Infrastructure Solutions Lead – ISL – ePOS ( 6 Months Contract )
This role is principally accountable for the successful design and implementation of infrastructure solutions for projects supporting enterprise systems. You will be responsible for the translation of technical requirements into solutions that align to architectural standards as well as our strategic business focus.The position requires in-depth knowledge of Infrastructure Technologies as well as project management principles in order to effectively design and deploy stable, efficient solutions.
The role is responsible to provide high level solution assessments to support early business decisions. Overall the Infrastructure Solution Lead will partner with the Portfolio Architect to provide end-to-end technical oversight for IT project solutions.
The role provides a fully integrated Infrastructure Solution inclusive of; Platform Compute, Enterprise Storage, Network Technologies, Enterprise Monitoring, Messaging & Collaboration, Desktop & Remote Access, and Middleware & DB Technologies. Specific duties include:
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of computer systems technology (in their specific LOB domain) and determine how advances in this technology can be utilized within .
- Along with other Infrastructure Solution Leads, contribute to the development and maintenance of the Infrastructure Assessment Model.
- Interpret and analyze changes within the portfolio environment in order to assess impact to the existing infrastructure landscape.
- Accountable for all infrastructure documentation associated with the assigned Portfolio.
- Identify the need for new processes & artifacts associated with the infrastructure solution development process.
- Focus on building process efficiencies into each stage of the design & delivery cycle
- Exploit existing technology standards where possible and identify the need for new ones where necessary
- Lead large scale Infrastructure projects related to the design, selection, acquisition, and implementation of infrastructure systems. As the technical lead on complex solutions, conduct technical reviews and develops the integrated solution model. Provide subject matter expertise to Architecture and Engineering on the standards and processes related to technology in the Infrastructure. Additionally, direct others in a matrix fashion in order to deliver the overall solution.
- Develop infrastructure solutions and design to align to the current IT Standards & develop a fluent understanding of the business systems associated with their assigned portfolio infrastructure landscape
- Develops and delivers presentations to all levels if the organization, including the IT executive level
- Working with the Project Manager, develop and execute the solution development process from concept stage through to delivery. This includes:
- Requirements Analysis and Validation
- High Level Design & Technology Cost Model preparation
- Develop and support Proof of Concept & Pilot phases
- Detailed Design & Deployment Planning
- Lead the execution of the Deployment for Non-Production and Production environments
- Includes representing the implementation plans through change management
- Support Technology Team Build Documentation
- Consult on go-live efforts of non-production & production environments
- Carry out Project Post Implementation Reviews in order to provide continuous improvement
- Develop and execute implementation plans, risk matrixes, resource requirements, and budget estimates.
- Accountable for planning and scheduling the implementation of technology changes to develop a solution that minimizes the negative impact to the business during infrastructure changes.
- Decide how to balance the architectural choices between short term and long term impact. Cost (dollars and resources), project schedules, business value and resource availability must all be considered.
- This role will exercise governance over infrastructure based vendors to ensure that their solution or service aligns to technology standards and expectations.
- Technology vendor sales and pre-sales support (daily to weekly) to plan the deployment of acquired technologies
- Technology vendor management staff (monthly) for the purposes of escalating technical and delivery issues beyond the scope handled by the immediate team
Job Skills & Required Experience
- University Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of experience developing high level and detail design documentation specific to Infrastructure solutions
- 8 + or more years experience with Platform, Storage, Monitoring, Network, Data Centre, & Desktop technologies
- 3 + years experience with retail infrastructure technologies & deployment architectures
- Experience with middleware applications servers as well as Enterprise Database technologies
- 5+ years experience developing complex Infrastructure Bill of Materials / Cost models inclusive of hardware, software & labor
- Industry related experience in a IT consultant/technical lead role within the Retail Pharmacy Area, with a specific focus on Corporate systems such as HR & Financial applications.
- 3+ years exposure to organizations that have deployed solution development methodologies based upon Architectural Frameworks such as TOGAF3 + years experience collaborating with technology subject matter experts for creating complex solution designs
- Able to work with minimum supervision, taking ownership for the successful completion of work assignments
- Detail oriented
How to Contact
E-mail us your updated CV in MS Word format stating the job title If we find your resume suitable we will be calling you on the number that you provided us.
This Position is for Individuals who have a job permit to work in Canada